There is little doubt what the story is at quarterback in Week 11. Drew Brees has broken ribs and a punctured lung. That probably means Jameis Winston is making his first start of 2020 against the Atlanta Falcons. We have to leave the ‘probably’ for now because Sean Payton hasn’t named his starting quarterback yet.
There’s at least some possibility Taysom Hill starts, I suppose, but Winston should take a majority of the snaps just like he did in Week 10 after Brees left.
There seems to be some consternation as to how we should view Winston, and I really don’t get it. Even when he’s been a bad real-life quarterback, he’s pretty consistently been at least a low-end starter in Fantasy. I don’t that to expect that to change against the Atlanta Falcons of all teams.
The Falcons allow more Fantasy points to quarterbacks than any other team. Only Matthew Stafford and Teddy Bridgewater (the second game) failed to score 24 Fantasy points against them. Stafford threw for 360 yards in that game and Bridgewater was playing in the remnants of a hurricane. If you need a quarterback in Week 11, you should add and start Jameis Winston.
Week 11 QB Preview
Numbers to know
- 23.19 — Jameis Winston averaged 23.19 Fantasy points per game in 2019.
- 7 — Russell Wilson has thrown seven interceptions in his past four games, including three the last time he faced Arizona.
- 5.1 — Matt Ryan leads the NFL with 5.1 completed air yards per attempt.
- 25.4% — A quarter of Drew Lock’s passes have been rated bad throws by Pro Football Reference.
- 35 — Carson Wentz has been sacked a league-worst 35 times.
- 13.38 — Kyler Murray has scored 13..38 Fantasy points per game on the ground.
Matchups that matter
Waiver Wire Targets
So who should you start and sit this week? And which surprising quarterback could lead you to victory? Visit SportsLine now to get Week 11 rankings for every position, plus see which QB is going to come out of nowhere to crack the top 10, all from the model that out-performed experts big-time last season.